Down here on the Gulf Coast, the summers can get blazing hot, like an oven. That Southern heat slaps me in the face and takes me down. Most of us just stay inside on those days, sucking on air conditioning while we can. During those times, salads come to mind – crispy, cold, and refreshing. If you are as crazy as I am about Greek food, you will love this crunchy, delicious main-dish salad. The original recipe calls for a homemade lemon-herb dressing, but I used Ken’s Steak House Greek Dressing. It is perfect….and FAST!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 5-6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled (Reserve 1 ounce to dress the top)
- Ken’s Steak House Greek Dressing
Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Garnish with remaining cheese. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles or pita crackers.